Re: [TenTec] TT service

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT service
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 01:07:42 -0400
Good comment, GH.

=================  K8JHR =============

On 7/10/2013 10:19 PM, GARY HUBER wrote:
In the past it seemed that Rob was comparing the new radios to a
convenient standard, i.e. the Sherwood Engineering modified R4-C and in
doing so promoted his product. Not a bad thing but still, ranking DR3
does rank the radios for those who want to run the specs rather than run
the radio that fits their actual operating environment requirements,
their skills, their capabilities, and wallet. There are a number of
Operators who buy based on the Sherwood specs and the radio's ranking

I know a few operators who have the skills to run the high end radios
and get everything out of them in a multi-TX environment. I also know a
lot of operators who can do just fine with a radio way down on Rob's
list.  My OMNI-VII with FLEX-1500 sub-receiver or Corsair-II work just
fine for me at the home station. Field Day with other rigs is another
story, but I like what I have.