Re: [TenTec] OT; Horizontal Loop Antennas

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT; Horizontal Loop Antennas
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 14:47:52 -0500
Great stories Rick.
Yes, four sided loops are better for the cases you mention of getting two major directions with a lobe.

Our 3 sided loops were strictly a compromise to get out of the hot TX sun that much sooner! We did pick supports of convenience to help with major lobes on 20m, where we were using the "80m loop". Our eventual favorite used two existing poles, and we set a slip up mast optimally for the third corner and feedpoint. In our case, we wanted to fire as many watts east early on FD, to take advantage of ham density on the Eastern Coastal areas.

Stuart
K5KVH