Re: [TenTec] which balun?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] which balun?
From: "TroyW6HV" <w6hv@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 18:55:11 -0700
Yes, I have built my own. I used two T-400-2 cores, wrapped in 3M fiberglass
tape,wound with number 12 magnet wire using Teflon “spaghetti” insulation. It
worked well under some wild conditions. The problem I had was, indeed, the
housing. I have to keep the balun just outside the wall of the shack. The sun,
smog, etc., always finally would ruin my homebrew enclosures. I still have the
homebrew balun and it was cheaper! These days I see plastic boxes in the Home
Depot and Lowe’s electrical departments that would have worked for a tough
enclosure. Might get one some day.
73,
Troy, W6HV