Re: [TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx
From: denton sprague <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 12:05:34 -0700
Interesting…
In my case I have a horizontal 80 meter loop up 30 ft, fed with about 42 ft of
450 ohm ladder line currently with a 4 to 1 balun just outside the shack window.
Swr is flat except on 80 and 60 meters (6:1 or better).
Wonder what would happen if I switched the ladder line for lmr400 coax and
installed the balun at the feed point?
Eznec indicates 60 meter swr would be off the chart.