Re: [TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Openwire/Window Line and Bad Wx
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 06:42:20 -0500
As I said in my closing remark in an earlier post:

"I realize that we'd like to eak out every dB we can, but in the end, it
makes little to no difference on HF."

If one can match the load, using what ever means and equipment, then energy will be transferred. On receiving, atomospheric and man made noise will overtake any losses in the antenna system and will over ride most all receiver noise.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>