Re: [TenTec] Argo V amp keying

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argo V amp keying
From: Bryan Lee Cornwell <blcornwell@k2blc.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 05:15:03 -0400
http://k2blc.com/argoampmod1.jpg

Here is how I keyed my Argonaut V....worked fine for 30L1 and AL811
73
Lee

On 8/6/2013 1:51 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
Of course it does.
It has a "T" line inside which goes positive whenever the ARG.V goes into
transmit.
This enables all the other stages needed to transmit.
It can also be used as a signal to key the external linear.

All you need do is tap into that signal, buffer it with a transistor and
drive a small reed relay.  The reed relay's NO contacts can be used to key
the external amplifier.

Of course you will probably need to drill a hole in the back panel for
mounting an RCA phono jack, and you'll need to solder a few connections, but
it's quite easy.

73
Rick, DJ0IP