Re: [TenTec] Argo V amp keying

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argo V amp keying
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 17:31:30 -0400

On 8/6/2013 5:38 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
Nice simple circuit Lee.
It certainly works for SSB and CW with a QSK amp, but I would think the slow
relays in the old 30L1 and in the AL811 would not be able to follow CW
keying.

        Say... RW... I am asking this without much
        thought, so go easy on me...     ;-)     ;-)

        but would this situation benefit from the
        delay circuit used in the Model 318 Amp
        Key Interface to provide the sort of delay
        one might need?  If not, would one of the other
        amp delay circuits be of assistance here?  My
        Omni VII and other rigs have a delay setting,
        but I don't know about the Argonaut.

        I know you explained this to me once, but I
        am STILL wrapping my head around it and I
        wish to understand this stuff better.  Slow
        learner, I guess.

        It sounds like he will still have to cut into
        the internal T-line.

Any traction, or am I in Left Field on this?