Re: [TenTec] Wet ladderline

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Wet ladderline
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 21:04:19 -0400
Hmmm...  Test 6,   "...buried with impunity..."

        Translation:  the XYL won't object if you
                        bury your transmission line.

But seriously, Thanks Steve, for doing working hard and publishing your findings, suggesting window line is only slightly affected by rain water, and that its worst case may require a slight adjustment of a tuner/matchbox to get around it. This obviates one of the main objections proffered against using window line.

Sidebar:
(Oh, er... um... but you guys sure do talk funny over there in the UK. I take a "butt" to be a large container, perhaps a cask or barrel, sometimes with the capacity of "two hog's heads." Sheesh... as they say in Penny Lane, "very strange.") ;-)