Re: [TenTec] Wet ladderline

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Wet ladderline
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 08:55:39 -0700
Another way to get transmission line parameters from VNA or VIA measurements is to measure S11 with the far end open and shorted, or to measure S21 and export the data to AC6LA's Zplots spreadsheet. I've used this with good results for 50 and 75 ohm coax, and for closely spaced parallel wire line in the range of 90 ohms.

Although S21 data and S11 data should produce the same results, Dan told me that users of his spreadsheet reported more consistent results when S11 data sets were used. I've tried both, and agree that the S11 data sets are the better way.

There's a lot of useful stuff on Dan's website. http://www.ac6la.com/

73, Jim K9YC