Re: [TenTec] Value of RX Only Antennas

To: Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Value of RX Only Antennas
From: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 12:32:49 -0700 (PDT)
You can also buy a K9AY kit that includes 2 PC boards, preamp and all parts for
the boards.  You need to add the boxes, connectors, cable and switches.  Of
course the loops need to be constructed as well.  I live on a residential lot
and the loops have a small footprint.

     http://www.farcircuits.net/preamp2.htm

It's $48 plus shipping.  I installed mine about a year ago.  Granted it's not a
4-square and the preamp is not top of the line BUT it works quite well with my
Orion and has improved my DXCC totals on 80. Don't forget to add front end
protection (like the Array Solutions AS-RXFEP).

73,
Rick
VE7TK

Website: http://www.ve7tk.com