Re: [TenTec] Value of RX Only Antennas

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Value of RX Only Antennas
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 17:24:21 -0500
While my lot is one acre, (larger than many, smaller than some) I had much the same experience as Kim N5OP. I bought the Array Solutions K9AY loop system and installed it according to directions some 130 plus feet south of my top loaded Bencher HV-2 with 160m mod antenna using about 200 feet of Bury-flex pinned to the sod. With my OMNI-VII I have the choice of transceive on the HV-2 or use the HV-2 for transmit and receive on the K9AY loop system. While received signals may be lower on the K9AY loop system, the signal to noise ratio is usually much better in the desired direction. Doing some early morning WSPR receive on 160 through 40 using the K9AY loop system, as well as working Low Band DX has shown me the value of RX Only Antennas in general and the K9AY loop system in particular.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M

-----Original Message----- From: Kim Elmore