[TenTec] ALC issue on Corsair II

To: TENTEC_lista TENTEC_lista <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ALC issue on Corsair II
From: "IV3YNB op. Matteo" <iv3ynb@yahoo.it>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 10:11:05 +0100 (BST)

Hi everybody !

I fixed RX stage of my Corsair II, it was a couple of burned diodes and a
broken stripline beyond MODE knob to fix. Now the 561 is really a good
receiver, I enjoy the bands with it better than thru other modern rigs.

Anyway I still have a trouble, this time on TX: while in LOCK mode and ALC knob
fully clockwise, ALC steady blinks with DRIVE set from 0 ti MAX, it lits also
if ALC knob is set fully counterclockwise. Keying the Corsair II, I can hear
the PTT relay and sidetone (QSK works great) but output and SWR are null !!!
ALC always blinks.

I don't expect you to solve my trouble, anyway I am asking someone to suggest
me which board to look at first.

Also: is there any SERVICE MANUAL about the Corsair II, or I must only rely on
the schematics in the user manual?

Thank you for reading, hope to receive some clues
73 de Matteo - IV3YNB