Re: [TenTec] Antenna is up, but the coupler doesn't like 160 meters

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Antenna is up, but the coupler doesn't like 160 meters
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 02:39:59 -0400
Mike told us what he has.

        The ARRL Antenna Book defines "doublet" as
        synonymous with "dipole,"  but I understand
        many hams intend the locution "doublet" to refer
        to a type of dipole fed with open line to
        facilitate tuning it on multiple bands using
        a matchbox/tuner device.

Based on what Mike already said:

His doublet is approximately .5 wavelength on 160 meters, consisting of two identical 131 ft long conductive bilaterally symmetrical elements made of metal wires, with opposing voltages, fed with 170 ft (+/-) of 600 ohm open transmission line.

N'est ce pas ?