Re: [TenTec] OT: TS-990S review in absentia

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: TS-990S review in absentia
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 17:35:31 +0200
If y'all are wondering what John is talking about, you can download Rob's
latest test results (Version "M") of the TS-990 from my web site, here:
http://www.dj0ip.de/transceivers/sherwood-xcvr-tests/kenwood-ts-990s/

Curious how much the RMDR varies by band.  On some bands it is nearly 100dB
(30m) while others it's as low as 85dB (17m). Mind you, 85dB is still a good
value but not best in class.

One thing to point out is the different in 2kHz dynamic range between the
1st and 2nd RX.  Like the Orions prior to the optional [Eagle] 2nd RX, the
1st RX is better than the 2nd RX.

All in all it is an excellent transceiver but out of my price range by about
a factor of 4!

73
Rick, DJ0IP