Re: [TenTec] Omni C + new Ham = Oops.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni C + new Ham = Oops.
From: <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 00:04:51 +0000
Well as far as soldering there are a bunch more....

For example:

Always keep a wet sponge on the bench and clean the iron tip before every trip
to the circuit board.

Wet the tip with a touch of solder before each use as it greatly improves heat
transfer.

Keep clean shiny tips on your irons and never use your iron tip as a tool to
pry with.  Once you loose the plating it is useless.

Never leave your irons on for long periods of time unused...it ruins the tips
due to oxidation.

Did I mention I hate lead free solder...just don’t seem to work the same...buy
60/40 while you can.

Been a component level tech for nearly 40 years...it never gets old.  Do wish I
could still see though...😊

Cecil Acuff
Gulfport MS
K5DL