[TenTec] Old Omni A series B Noise Blanker Question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Old Omni A series B Noise Blanker Question
From: Kevin Hodges <kelectron93@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 09:24:47 -0500
     I'm wondering if anyone's willing to help me with a noise blanker
issue...

I have an old Omni A Series B with the optional factory built model 248
noise blanker installed.  I also have a Triton IV Digital with the model
249 noise blanker installed.  *The Triton IV's NB works VERY well on my
noise problem* The
Omni A NB does NOT work at all on 95% of any noise I hear...

( I did discover one day that the Omni A NB WILL cut some sort of ignition
noise coming from vehicles passing by on the street!!!)

1) Could you shed light on the rumor I've heard :" Yes; the Omni C has a
much
improved noise blanker compared to the Omni series A and B"  ?

2)  Could you suggest modifications to the Omni A's NB to make it
more/exactly
like the NB of the Triton IV?? (I'm aware of a few custom made parts no
longer available from TenTec that I could have used)

3)  Is there another NB solution/option in your opinion? ( It just 'ain't'
feasible/desirable to use a "sense antenna in-phase device here,,,)

Any off-list responses to   kelectron93@yahoo.com

                                   Thanks & 73,

            Kevin WA4GQG