Re: [TenTec] Noise Blanker Comparisons

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Noise Blanker Comparisons
From: Markus Hansen <mkve7ca@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 14:09:07 -0800
Noise Blanking is indeed a very interesting subject:

I have tested and measured different circuits for IF noise blanking and then
developed my own version of an effective noise blanker circuit for my home-brew
transceiver, the HBR-2000.  You will find a description of some of my research
and my blanker design at

http://www.ve7ca.net/Hbr200.htm#FEMixBln

As much as I appreciate having a very good noise blanker, nothing takes the
place of eliminating the source of the noise.  Particularly today with the over
abundance of switching power supplies radiating from nearly every house on your
block which most noise blanker do nothing for.

73  Markus

Markus Hansen
North Vancouver, BC  CANADA
WEB: ve7ca.net