[TenTec] OMNI VI Keyer Speed Adjustment, TX OUT, TXEN

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI Keyer Speed Adjustment, TX OUT, TXEN
From: Reed Christiansen <reed@wi9p.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 13:03:36 -0600
I am wanting to be able to adjust the OMNI VI keyer speed while listening to
the sidetone, without actually transmitting.  This would be useful to match the
speed of another operator while s/he is still transmitting.

One way would be to replace the back panel TX OUT/TXEN jumper with a foot
switch.  I've confirmed that if this line is opened, the sidetone still
operates when the dot or dash paddles are operated, without transmitting a
signal.

Is there a more straightforward manner of doing this that I might be missing?
Thanks for any suggestions you might be able to provide.

73, Reed WI9P