Re: [TenTec] What's going to be next?

To: "chacuff@cableone.net" <chacuff@cableone.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What's going to be next?
From: John King <k5pgw@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 10:57:50 -0800 (PST)
No Cecil, think about it ! The family who owns a Escalade SUV or a Cadillac,
usually lives in a shotgun house leaning so bad, it needs a pine pole at an
angle to prop it up and has a stove pipe sticking out of a window. Or the CBer
with a Surburban has a 1985 Suburban with a huge center loaded  whup in the
middle of the roof and alternators rated at 5Kw on a special mount on the "old"
V8 engine and has a shotgun house full of very expensive transceivers and
several Henry 8 KW amplifiers.  Some even have $25,000.00 custom built amps and
live in a propped up shotgun house with four direct TV antennas  mounted on it.

Classy people who like themselves and their stature in life don't have anything
to prove. They just acquire QUALITY things that do a great job but don't prove
anything to anyone else.

The funny thing is that I have rooms of vintage gear of all makes me feel good.
I think I will make an appearance on HONEY BOO BOO.

I tell my wife, Barbara, K5MOL (licensed 53 years) every day that I love her
and then I look at my Omni VI and say I love you both because you are both
quality classy LADIES. Both are 100% American. By the way, I don't have an
IPod, Blackberry or Droid either.  Guess I have outlived my usefulness. Don't
understand a word my adult grandchildren say.  Some day, I hope to be able to
look them in the eye and understand what they say.  "A CONVERSATION" paw paw,
what is that? Oh well maybe that explains how OLD FARTS become irrelevant.
Thanks for the email, Cecil. I enjoyed it. 73, K5PGW since 1958

On Monday, January 20, 2014 11:20 AM, "chacuff@cableone.net"