Re: [TenTec] What's going to be next?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What's going to be next?
From: JOHN <ku3g@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 05:51:17 -0800 (PST)
Thanks John for the headsup
73 John Ku3g
On Tue, 1/21/14, John Henry <jhenry@tentec.com> wrote:

 Subject: [TenTec] What's going to be next?
 To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
 Date: Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 8:34 AM

 TEN-TEC is reevaluating a lot of
 things right now.
 Yes, there will still be future rigs, yes, we will still
 maintain the
 software for current production and some out of production.
 e.g. the
 565/Orion is being worked on a bit right now, the
 588/OMNI-VII is being
 worked on right now. Please, don't ask me to do more to them
 than what we
 have already planned, because I will try to fit it in and it
 will delay
 getting them out even further.
 The 506/Rebel has been a huge success. What hams have done
 with it is
 amazing. All from a <200 rig.
 I don't know if I would call the OMNI-VII the current
 flagship or the
 Eagle. Both are extremely good receivers, great transmit,
 etc. Both 100w
 all HF+6, etc. Just depends upon what features and
 functionality you want.
 Both are selling VERY well.
 We don't forsee anything going out of production for a while
 with regards
 to the rigs we have in production now.

 Jack is in what I call "semi-retirement". Meaning, he comes
 in when he
 wants and does what he wants. Well, he has been in almost
 every day since
 Jan 1 and has been helping a lot in engineering. Letting Jim
 Wharton handle
 the day to day tasks now. Happier I think.

 Back to work. Lots to do, lots to plan.
 I'll be in FL with Stan, and our crew will be in Dayton
 again.
 Come by and see us, let us know what you like, don't like,
 whatever is your
 biggest gripe, etc. It all helps to make better rigs and
 improvements in
 existing rigs.

 Thanks, and 73,
 John Henry, KI4JPL