Re: [TenTec] What's going to get fixed?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What's going to get fixed?
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 23:02:23 -0600

They have fixed both of my Argonaut II radios several times. There are some parts no longer available for these,especially in the displays, so there are some problems that are not really able to be repaired these days. They have also rebuilt both PTOs in my Corsair II and remote VFO. They did some other work that was mostly alignment based on that unit. It works great! My Omni V had display problems, and it was not economical to repair it further, so I donated it as a parts rig to Ten Tec. I also have a Kenwood TS-790A, which for some years was their top of the line VHF/UHF multi-mode radio. They no longer service it, and it is far newer than most of my Ten Tec rigs. I doubt that any other company services their products as well, or for as long as Ten Tec.

Steve WA9JML