Re: [TenTec] What's Going to be Next

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What's Going to be Next
From: Rsoifer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 14:42:43 -0500 (EST)
Jim Wharton's memo used the word "affordable" several times when discussing
 TT's future products, which I take as a strong hint that they plan to
emphasize the lower end of the market.  That's probably a good business
decision, but strictly from a personal point of view, I'd like to see TT take
the
best features of the Orion II, the Omni VII and the K3, put it on  a modern
hardware platform, and bring it out for something between $5K and
$8K, fully equipped.  That's my dream.

I've never had much interest in the Flex series, because I'm not a computer
 jock, just a BSEE vintage 1963, and can't see myself writing or modifying
software.  The top-of-the-line riceboxes, with their bling and generally
second-rate performance, turn me off.  Besides, I like the access TT
provides to their technical experts, who are easy to talk to and really know
what
they're doing.

So, TT, best wishes for the new products but please don't forget us
flagship users.

73 Ray W2RS