Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Centaur 411 10m Mod Needed

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Centaur 411 10m Mod Needed
From: Brian Carling <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 23:13:23 -0500
The absence of a low pass filter on the input stage of a linear amplifier
doesn't always mean that you will automatically have unacceptable harmonics.

Radio amateurs have use linear amplifiers for years with a 50 ohm or 200 ohm
swamping resistor on the input at the cathode of the amplifier whether then a
low pass tuned filter.

You may very well be right there, depending on the design of the amplifier. I
have not looked at the circuit all taken a measurements.

Best regards - Bry Carling