Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmit with Ten Tec rigs

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmit with Ten Tec rigs
From: "R. Eric Sluder-W9WLW" <resluder@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:41:05 -0800 (PST)
I'm told that I sound acceptable for a non-boatachor using the Omni VII.   I
believe the audio is adjustable on the O7 using the AM mode, but I haven't
tried real hard to improve my audio any.  Since we're on the topic, I'll give
the Eagle credit where credit is due.  I'm always complimented on how well I
sound using the Eagle.  I use the same mic for both rigs (TT 709).   I check
into an AM net on Friday evenings and us an AL-80a for extra kick, and some of
the fellas are hard pressed to believe I'm using a modern rig. :-)  The others
usually talk about it later when the frequency switches back over to SSB.  You
hear them talking about how well the Eagle sounds and you can tell they're
mulling over looking into getting one.

- R. Eric Sluder

W9WLW