Re: [TenTec] Noise from Fans

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Noise from Fans
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 12:37:10 -0500
Guys,

I’ve designed a small circuit that will run the a dc fan at high speed for a
dozen seconds then drop the speed down to as low as it will run.

That way, the fan is sure to start, no matter how much cat hair it’s sucked up,
or the condition of the bearings. Once started, runs at full speed for a bit,
then it slows downs.

both the fast on and slow run speeds are adjustable.

input voltage may be either 6.3 v ac, 12 v ac, or 12-18 v dc.

The prototype pcbs should be here within a week or so.

The circuit is simple, four transistors, a LM317 and a few diodes.

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never
sure.