Re: [TenTec] Noise from Fans

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Noise from Fans
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 09:13:36 -0500
Ah... so the "plot sickens..."        ;-)

Thanks for that further gloss.  I gotta learn more about diodes.

A local Elmer told me to make a voltage divider (like an L-pad attenuator) if I wanted to assure a predicted voltage drop, whereas using one resistor was not as predictable. This parallels what you are saying here. This is why I used an L-pad attenuator in my microphone matching circuit, but also explains why I used a single resistor in knocking down the bias voltage - I was not as concerned about the accuracy of the result on that aspect, where I was on the mic attenuator bit. Now I will have to learn about how diodes might be used... new horizons for me.