Re: [TenTec] USER INTERFACE: Wish List for ORION-III

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] USER INTERFACE: Wish List for ORION-III
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 17:23:03 +0200
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you just see a blip on the band scope?
You have no idea what you're clicking on.
You click, and my be jumping to a good signal or to garbage.

I prefer using the bandmap which shows me:
 - the station's call sign,
 - whether I have already worked him or not
 - if he is a single multiplier
 - if he is a double multiplier

That's a lot more intelligence than a blip.
AND, I don't have to buy anything to use it, don't even need a scope.
If my logging software incorporates the Band Map (which uses Omni-Rig), I'm
good to go.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)