Re: [TenTec] TenTec and Alpha merger not a good thing

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec and Alpha merger not a good thing
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 20:21:55 -0700
On 5/12/2014 5:36 PM, k6jek wrote:
nd of course, I'm happy as a clam with my Ten-Tec Hercules II.

You would not be in a multi-transmitter environment -- distortion is fairly high, because Vcc is so low, only 13.8V. I have one, so I can run it on battery power, but it sits on the shelf.

  I'd be happy as three clams if it were 1500 watts not 500, even though the
power supply takes two men and boy to lift. I actually sold my Titan after I
got the solid state amp.

I didn't -- the Titan is 6-10 dB cleaner, so I still use it during contests so I can coexist with neighbors.

  They are just so quick and easy and quiet. And they don't heat up the shack
leaving that task to my many, old boat anchor pieces.

Yes. My KPA500 gets used during the week. Often 600W is enough (even though the model number is 500, it's a 600W amp.

73, Jim K9YC