Re: [TenTec] COmputer hook up to Omni VI+

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] COmputer hook up to Omni VI+
From: Timothy Johnston <timothy.f.johnston@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 10:39:42 -0400
Jim, most USB to serial "adapters/converters/cables" are made in a
all-in-one solution now. I have two of them, both have USB on one end, a
few inches of cable and a 9 pin serial connect on the other end. There is
no "black box" anymore. With SMT devices, they are literally built-in to
the connector housing and you don't see them.

Whether you have USB ports or 9/25-pin serial ports, in order to use CIV,
the signal levels (voltages) must be converted to match the CIV levels.
Again, the converter might be too small to be seen and built into the
housing.

Hope this helps.

73 de Tj, K4TFJ ...