Re: [TenTec] Trading radios

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Trading radios
From: Mike Schatzberg <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 13:39:22 -0400
In my case the RF is radiated from my Yagi and the coax shield picks up the
radiation between the antenna feed point and the radio.

With good quality cable, the center conductor is not radiating.  However, the
shield may indeed be carrying current.

Stations with RFI often only experience interference with their directional
arrays with the antenna in a certain alignment with their cable.

I use a 1:1 current balun at my Yagi hairpin feed point, and the line isolator
at the input to my amplifier,  between it and the Orion II.

Seems to work well with all the radios here.

73,

Mike
W2AJI

Sent from my iPhone