Re: [TenTec] TT Mega Sale

To: Brian Carling <bjcbjc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT Mega Sale
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 13:08:18 -0500
I have since had a landline QSO with my friend, and I asked him about the
12/60M issue. Since he's exclusively a CW op, 60M is not of real interest,
and he said his current antenna setup doesn't work very well on 12. He also
already has other rigs available should he want to get on those bands. It
didn't sound like it would be a "deal-breaker" for him.

If someone can only have one rig for whatever reason (space, finances, etc.)
and is looking for a do it all or "DC to daylight" unit then the Argonaut VI
probably isn't in the running anyway. I think it was TT's judgment that
leaving these bands out would be less negative than cutting other features or
receiver performance, for example. If it's that much of an issue for someone,
the Eagle and Omni VII do cover 12/60M and are also on sale....

73, Al