Re: [TenTec] TT mega sale

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT mega sale
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 13:25:46 -0500
*Spencer,*
*                 We have sort of the same situation here. My original
SB-101 that runs fine. An Omni D that folks think I should sell for almost
nothing, And I am lucky enough to have my Paragon (585) with a parts radio
for spares ( if ever needed.) I have heard that Ten Tec has a payment plan
but, a Ten Tec payment would take away from Grocery money. Something we
just can't do. The Paragon has worked pretty much flawlessly for about 3
years now. We have close to 100 Check-ins with the Ten Tec Nets, and talk
anywhere others can. My Microphone is a $10.00 Headset that we found on
sale at the Dollar Store at 50% off.  A very special Friend is waiting for
money, really patiently now that we can't pay. There is no Omni 7 or Orion
II.. in my short term future. But, we can talk on what we have, and wait
for better times. There is an Electronics Repair Shop in town that may
allow me to put a few hours in, even with my disabilities. There is Hope on
the horizon. The Paragon which is 30 years old, gets Great on air reports.
Their Service Department is Legendary, where help and service is concerned.
I wouldn't trade my Paragon for the best Rice Box out there, unless we
could flip it and pick up Ten Tec that is a bit newer. *
*            John/K3UR, ( Ten Tec Net Control ) says that I am the happiest
fellow on the air. Well, with a good women in your life, a good radio on
the desk and Jesus in your heart! What is there to be sad about? *
*                                                            73 from
Wade/KJ4WS*