Re: [TenTec] On Noisy Transmitters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] On Noisy Transmitters
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 22:07:14 -0700
On 7/6/2014 4:17 PM, Brian Carling wrote:
That's normal for Icom. Actually a little clicking helps attract attention in
contests.

And VERY bad sportsmanship -- like running a race with your arms flailing your competitors. I have a guy near me -- KE1B -- who runs a 7600 into a big amp and big antennas about 8 miles from me. He typically wipes out 10-20 kHz of whatever band he's on on CW.

By contrast, K6XX runs K3s into tube amps, and is three miles away. We can work 500 Hz apart and barely know the other is there.

73, Jim K9YC