Re: [TenTec] On Noisy Transmitters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] On Noisy Transmitters
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 22:20:59 -0700
On 7/6/2014 4:38 PM, K8JHR wrote:
I know there are loads of 590s in service in contest group shacks and have been used happily on many FD sites, so the question becomes one of statistical significance.

That's the approach of a business manager, or a public relations manager, or an attorney defending a guilty client, but it's NOT good science. Science in this case happens in the lab where the actual performance of rigs is MEASURED under controlled conditions that are representative of operating conditions. Some measurements can also be done with spectrum analyzers looking at the signals from transmitter on the air. See my link of a day or so ago to the presentation on clean signals.

73, Jim K9YC