Re: [TenTec] Reasons to buy an OM7 instead of an Eagle

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Reasons to buy an OM7 instead of an Eagle
From: "R. Eric Sluder via TenTec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 22:49:08 -0400
Nice response Rick.

Having both radios I'll say the OM7 receiver isn't capable of dealing with
interference like the Eagle can do.  Broadcast band interference on 160 meters
is a good example.  Atmospheric noise (including lightning pulses) are stronger
in my OM7 verses the Eagle.  It maybe because the Eagle is a down converted
receiver with a less broad front end whereas the OM7 has a broader front end
(20 Khz I believe) and is up converted, plus the DSP isn't of the same vintage
of the Eagle (just guessing).

73

Eric
W9WLW