Re: [TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:45:23 -0700
On 7/21/2014 8:27 PM, K8JHR wrote:
Would I really benefit from spending more on the LP-100? That is the real question. Would it really be worth twice the cost? What would I do with the more accurate information it provides? Do I really need more than a close approximation? If so, what would it do for me?

You could study N8LP's web page. Click on the LP100A link. It's worth it to me if it lets me run closer to legal limit in a contest, or when calling DX. 1.5:1 SWR causes significant error in the power measurement. You could learn more about how transmission lines work.

73, Jim K9YC