Re: [TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 13:34:20 +0100
Some care has to be taken when interpreting the LP-100A's power readings.

On my version it indicates Pfwd when the "F+R" mode is selected, and Pfwd-Pref when the "Net" mode is selected. I got caught out on several occasions assuming the "F+R" mode meant Pfwd+Pref - it doesn't!

Note also that the derivation of Pfwd and Pref from the Voltage and Current sensors assumes a 50 Ohm Zo; I don't know any way to alter the characteristic impedance that the LP-100A assumes, unless it's buried deep in the menus and I haven't found it?

Steve G3TXQ