Re: [TenTec] SOFTWARE at WRTC

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SOFTWARE at WRTC
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 16:54:24 -0700
Rick, do you have the option of submitting your own score to a club, to be aggregated with others' scores?

I'm a member of the Southern California Contesting Club.
As such, I can forget about entering a contest as an individual and submit my score to SCCC to be included in their aggregate score (which, BTW, usually places SCCC very high in the club rankings for a given contest). We have the option to work from our home stations, using our own equipment and callsigns, and work as little or as much as we care to in a contest. This is a great way for those of use who are more casual contesters, or are getting older and don't want to stay on the air for 24 hours straight, to contribute to a club effort.

I attend every seminar or presentation on contesting that I can, in hopes of improving my technique. Last month, I attended an excellent contest-improvement seminar at the ARRL Regional Convention in Seaside, Oregon. I would love to attend Contest University, but can't see myself going back to Dayton any time soon.

Anyway, non of us "little pistols" can expect to find ourselves near the top of any contest with our individual scores but, when our scores are aggregated, you have one "big pistol."

73 de Jim - AD6CW