Re: [TenTec] BW and Eagle

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] BW and Eagle
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:47:34 +0200
John, sounds good and I will do it.
But not tonight.  It's too late.
I'll get after it tomorrow morning.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of John Henry
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 9:27 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: [TenTec] BW and Eagle

Hi Rick,

That makes sense now.

When I mention Eagle INI file, I am referring to the one I just drafted up.
I sent you a copy, play with it, see if it works for you.

I cannot find a bandwidth command to set in the omnirig instructions.
So, I don't know how your BW was getting changed in the Eagle.
But, I do know, if you were using the Orion ini file, connecting to an
Eagle, then you would have some very odd things occur.
Remember, the Eagle is a subset of the Orion.
The Orion has about 5 different ways to change the main VFOA frequency.
The method in the current Orion.ini file is not supported in the Eagle,
unfortunately.
That is why you would get errors communicating with an Eagle using the Orion
in omnirig. Some things would work though, but, I don't recommend it.

Let me know how the Eagle ini file works with your Eagle.

If all goes well, then I can put your name in as the tester ( hehe he), and
I can email it back to the omnirig guys for inclusion.
I'll clone it for the Argonaut VI as well. maybe just rename it to
EagleArgoVI... if it works as is. There are differences in the protocol,
minor, but the main four or five might be identical, will have to look.

I do know if I use BandMaster, that I can change split, modes, etc. all
properly. Frequencies A and B, all using the BandMaster to change them.
Then, conversely, changes I make on the Eagle show up in BandMaster just
fine.

If you test it out ok, I'll post it in the yahoo group to get a few more
eyes before I send it to omnirigland.

Thanks, and 73,
John Henry, KI4JPL
TEN-TEC Engineering, a Division of RFConcepts LLC