Re: [TenTec] Hercules 444 amp

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hercules 444 amp
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 18:40:18 -0500
I've found that glass bottle triodes do benifit, largely due to circuit designs, thus having matched tubes to be a plus in tube longivity.

And I agree that using a resistor, a fuse or RF choke between the grid terminals (3 of them) to ground for a grounded grid amp does leave a noticeable amount of room for VHF oscillations to exist. The better and more stable amplifier design will take all three of the grid pins of the 3-500Z to chassis ground at each grid pin using a 1/4" wide copper strap which has a length of less than 2" overall.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Schatzberg" <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net>