Re: [TenTec] Hercules 444 amp

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hercules 444 amp
From: Mike Schatzberg <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 13:22:07 -0400
The whole world seems to buy matched pairs or quads.

There doesn't seem to be a need for this when buying ceramic triodes, although
some users at VHF and UHF still try to buy matched pairs.

I see that Richard Measures advocates the use of grid fuses to protect the
glass triodes, but I found that his theory does not work in practice for me. A
good control board will work, a resister of low wattage doesn't do the job.

73,

Mike
W2AJI

Sent from my iPhone