[TenTec] Tentec Jupiter and Heil Mics

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Jupiter and Heil Mics
From: "Dave Tipton, W5DMT" <dave@w5dmt.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 23:01:55 -0500
I was digging around in the shack this afternoon and found a Heil Gold Elite
I picked up and haven't used yet.

I run a Jupiter, and can get the cable wired up no problem.

Question is, a few years ago, I ran into a situation with am HM-10 going
into one of the older Jupiters, not providing enough input directly.  I
ended up putting a W2IHY box in line, and the problem vanished.

I no longer have that box, and just wondered if anyone had experience with
the most recent (Last) version of the Jupiter and a Heil Mic.  Did TenTec
fix this problem, or do I really need to just go dig one of my preamps out
of my recording studio?    (I do have a W2IHY iBox here I can use to get the
audio from the pre into the rig.)

Thanks,
Dave