Re: [TenTec] Zepp?

To: 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment' <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Zepp?
From: Joel Hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 10:45:56 -0400
Gents,

This is an interesting antenna idea, and I did a quick EZNEC/TLW look on the
5 major HF bands. Unfortunately, the SWR ranges from a low of 5:1 (80 and 10
meters) to 11:1 on 40. 100 feet of RG-213 will have a loss of more than 2 dB
on all bands, except about 1 dB on 80.

An alternative, and what I am using here, is to feed the 130 foot cf antenna
with lower loss window line and a balun at the bottom, with a short length
of coax to a tuner. Window line is lighter (less sag), cheaper and has less
loss than coax.

The same discussion about names could take place in the window line realm
<g>!

Regards, Joel Hallas, W1ZR
Westport, CT