Re: [TenTec] Zepp?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Zepp?
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 11:02:48 +0200
Steve, that's a good point.

On low power it's probably still OK but real problems begin with high power.
G3UNA has done a lot of testing of the Elecraft low power switchable balun
together with his K3.
He hasn't seen any problem, although I don't like their implementation of
winding both transmission lines through a single binocular core.

I have not heard any field feedback on the higher power one yet.

That's why I find it better to use a proper 1:1 Guanella (using Teflon
coax), and switch the 4:1 in as needed, simply for its value as a
transformer.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)