Re: [TenTec] Oooo-PS

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Oooo-PS
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 10:29:11 -0700
I've sold a bit of equipment lately, and have had very good results with USPS Priority Mail. The UPS Store can also pack and ship using this method, as well as furnish a tracking number, although they can't offer insurance beyond the default amount.

UPS or FedEx Ground can take five or so days to travel from this side of the US to the other, where Priority Mail normally (not guaranteed) arrives at its destination in 2-3 days.
UPS (and, I assume, FedEx) can't ship to a PO box.

UPS and FedEx Ground are getting more expensive. UPS, at least, adds a "fuel surcharge." Isn't that a cost of doing business?

Only downside of Priority Mail, if I do have to take it to an actual post office, is the wait time. Our local office tends to be rather busy most of the time.
There are two rather obscure post offices that are nearby, however.

73 de Jim - AD6CW