Re: [TenTec] Shipping methods

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Shipping methods
From: Jim Allen <jim.allen@longhornband.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 21:32:18 -0500
I have never had a problem with UPS, or Fedex for that matter.  We used
Fedex a great deal in our business in California.

Today my Omni VI+ arrived from a factory repair, replacing all the relays
on the low pass filter board, the cause of my 160M malady a few weeks ago
and resoldering on the crystal oscillator board to fix a low output on
30M.  The radio was sent via UPS.  I tracked the shipment and today it was
out for delivery, so I sat around all day here, like an ugly girl waiting
for a date to the prom.  About 5 pm, I noticed the big brown truck heading
down the street, away from the house.  Hmmmmm.  Sure enough, they left the
box by the door out to the garage, no knock, no doorbell, no hollering,
despite a car in the driveway indicating that someone was home.  This is
unsat, in my book.

The box and its contents appear to be just fine, though.

73 de W6OGC  Jim Allen