Re: [TenTec] Oooo-PS

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Oooo-PS
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 09:45:54 +0200
Ken, the one reason for using other services is a very good track record of
delivering when they say they will.

Also, tracking on the UPS/Fedex sites is fairly good, whereas tracking
through the international postal system is mostly useless.

This is probably not a problem in the states when shipping within the
states, but internationally, the postal system stops tracking as soon as the
package is handed over to the next country's postal system.  You eventually
get the message, "delivered".  From time to time you don't get that message
and then the tracing is very difficult.

In 12 years in business and shipping over 100 packages per month, we have
never lost a package (completely) when using UPS, Fedex, GLS, or DHL, but we
have lost the occasional package sent through the postal system.  Best I
recall it was always in a 3rd world destination where they got lost.

What we do see is a regular failure by the postal system to meet their
deadline.
For instance shipping to VK from here in DL, we specify 30 days estimated
delivery.
It sometimes gets there sooner but often takes 6 to 8 weeks.
Of course the customer gets very nervous but (knock on wood), the packages
have always eventually arrived.

In fact the only repeated problem we have seen is one of the carriers
repeatedly ships packages destined for VK to OE (Austria instead of
Australia).  Wish I had a dollar for every time that happens.  Otherwise
it's about 10 days delivery time to VK and almost always on time.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)