Re: [TenTec] din connector, etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] din connector, etc.
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 21:57:35 -0700
On Wed,9/24/2014 5:11 PM, Carl Moreschi wrote:
Actually most radios do work that way. Take a look at the CW RF pictures in QST. There are two traces in the scope pictures. One shows key closure and the other shows RF waveform. Most show the RF waveform runs behind the key closure by around 15 msec and is not shortened.

You're right, Carl. And Bob and Rick. The funny thing is that I used to think that was how they worked, but I was told by someone who I thought should have known that I was wrong, and I believed him!

Anyway, a good discussion, and I learned something. BTW -- I just exchanged email with Wayne Burdick, designer of the Elecraft rigs, and he confirmed that his rigs work that way too. He also told me that the jitter in the delay can cause it to not sound good at 100 wpm. I assured him that I'd never get there. :) I contest at 28-33, the brain reads it, but the computer sends it. My fist, which used to be pretty good, is now pretty sad.

73, Jim K9YC