Re: [TenTec] din connector, etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] din connector, etc.
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 19:04:53 -1000
"The dit starts 17mS later and completes 17mS later. The first dit is sent in its full length and the op on the other end never even hears the difference."

That is good to hear. Ten-Tec seems to be the only radio company that understands this. (Correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong.)

Almost every radio review I see in QST shows shortened first dits even if they do get the following elements right. Some rigs have a delay on the beginning of the dits and dahs, so amplifiers have time to switch, but fail to add a delay to the end to restore the proper timing of the elements.

DE N6KB