Re: [TenTec] Centurion is on the Fritz

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion is on the Fritz
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 15:29:03 -0400

A --- When in STANDBY Mode, I see this result.

The Left Plate Amperes meter does nothing on any Meter setting.

The Right Grid/Plate meter indicates nothing on Ig setting.

The Right Grid/Plate meter indicates the usual 300 MA / 1.7 Kv
when the meter on Eg setting.

Neither meter shows anything when in the FWD and REF settings.

_________________________________

B --- When in Operate Mode, I get these results:

Plate voltage/Grid Current meter on right indicates Zero (0) MA / Kv when Ig position.

Plate voltage/Grid Current meter on the right indicates 1.7 kv or 300 MA when meter is set to Eg position.

Both meters show no movement when in either FWD or REF positions.

Left Plate Amperes meter indicates no amps at all under any circumstances.

I think that covers all the options.

C--  If it is a burned out resistor, can I see this condition with top off?
Or, do I have to use my VOM to discover it?

I am game to try anything safe, but I won't kid anyone about respecting the Danger High Voltage warnings in the User Manual.

Thank you.